Effective date: May 22, 2018
Information collection and use
- To analyze usage and improve the Service;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications regarding the Service;
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- To analyze usage and improve the Service;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- To third-party contractors that provide services for us and who are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- To enforce the Terms of Service;
When you visit the Brandlive Inc. Site, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on the Brandlive Inc. Site. This information is collected whether or not you register and is not personally identifiable. Like many online services, we also use “cookies” to collect information. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of data files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may set and access cookies on your computer to monitor usage history and to store your preferences and login information. Most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer, and we will honor browser “do not track” settings. However, if you choose to eliminate cookies, the functionality of the Service will be significantly impaired and it will not operate properly. We, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to collect certain usage information. Web beacons are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity.
We use the information we collect to provide, enhance and improve the Service and the Brandlive Inc. Site, to improve our design and functionality of the Service, to monitor and analyze the use of the Service, for the technical administration of the Service, to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of the Service, to better tailor the the Service to your needs, to generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and usage behavior of our users, to provide you with offers for products and services that are relevant to you, and to verify that our users meet the criteria required to access the Service.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular Brandlive Inc. offer;
- Other users of the Service, such as for purposes of comparison of their Brandlive usage and situation relative to the broader community;
- Technical service partners who help to analyze use and performance of the Service.
We may disclose persona information to:
- Brands and related other thrid parties for their marketing and promotional purposes if you attend an event or otherwise interact with a brand through the Service;
- Serivce partners who provide services such as web chat or email which you initiate through the Serivce;
- To designated authorities or to legal, accounting, and other professional serivc eproviders to investigate wrongdoing.
We use third party vendors or service providers to help us provide the Service to you, such as sending e-mail messages on our behalf or hosting, payment processing and operating a particular feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
Disclosure of information in certain circumstances
We reserve the right to share or disclose your Personal Information when we reasonably determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent any activity we consider to be prohibited or illegal or damaging to our Service or other users;
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
In addition, your Personal Information may be transferred to a third party as a result of an asset sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control or if we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your Personal Information.
We take precautions — including technical, administrative and physical measures — to safeguard your information. We use a combination of firewall barriers, data encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect your Personal Information, Account Information and our systems from unauthorized access. We also enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files.
Your Personal Information is stored and located on a secured server behind a firewall. We only authorize access to Personal Information for those employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Service. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
The Serivce may contain links to other websites. As such, we do not endorse and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third party websites. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Corrections and deletions
You may access and correct your Personal Information, and to cancel and delete your registration, by request to Brandlive Inc. at email@example.com. Deleting your account will disable your access to the Service. We will respond to any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay, and will fulfill requests to delete unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law.
Our policy towards children
The Service is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you, as a parent or guardian, become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files.